Thursday 1 March 2007

Dining Out in Grande Bouche

Ti-jean, I have just found the strangest restaurant in the northern hemisphere and I am delighted that it is right here in Grande Bouche. I realize that a claim this extravagant requires proof, so I'm going to post a photograph of the sign. Otherwise it would be like going home and saying “Honey, guess what I just saw. A giant monkey on top of a skyscraper swatting at airplanes.” The jury needs to see the evidence.

The restaurant is called Louisiana Style Chinese Takeout. I drove past it twice to make sure I read the sign correctly.

I'm still trying to visualize the point on the culinary Venn diagram where Creole and Chinese cuisines intersect. I believe it's the point where an Iron Chef explodes and a shiitake mushroom cloud is visible for miles. And I'm completely unable to think about it without hearing the Beatles' "Come Together" with slightly altered lyrics:

"He use no soy sauce, he make muffulettas,
He got stir-fried noodles, he chew tofu gumbo,
He eat crawfish ettoufee,
Want to get turducken, but it’s too hard to say!
Come together, right now, over me."


###

No comments: